WOMEN SELF-DEFENSE PROGRAM
Self-defense is a set of awareness, assertiveness, verbal confrontation skills, safety strategies, and physical techniques that enable someone to successfully escape, resist, and survive violent attacks. A good self-defense course provides psychological awareness and verbal skills, not just physical training.
- Safety: The primary importance of self-defense is for women to be able to protect themselves against anything that’s unacceptable in terms of social conduct.
- Confidence: There is nothing more empowering than having the confidence to analyze a dangerous situation and take action to overcome them effectively.
- Empowerment: It empowers women to lead a healthy and fulfilling life by encouraging them to deal with stressful and dangerous situations independently.
- Discipline: It teaches discipline which transfers over to all other areas of life. It helps women be calmer, understanding, flexible, gain body and mind control, be more responsive than reactive, more observant, and achieve cognitive awareness.
- Reduces Dependency: Just because you’re a woman, you shouldn’t be asked to travel with a companion! That’s what learning self-defense does – it makes you independent, helping you protect yourself in every situation.
- Health and Fitness: Self-Defense programs are also a fun way of exercising and building a healthy body, thereby improving physical and mental health.
- Reduces Discrimination/Sexism: Crimes against women can be curbed in a significant way when women are empowered to fight back against any discrimination and sexism.